Friday, September 17, 2010

Getting to Know you


First, take the time to update your profile and/or blog setting forth your favorites, i.e., colors, flavors, scents, season, holiday, fiber, pattern, designer, needles, etc. The more you tell about yourself, the easier it is for your spoiler to stalk you! Include something about yourself that no one knows!

 Sorry this took me so long to get up. I always find these things difficult to do, especially when I'm newly obsessed  focused on something and trying not let it invade everything.  So about me, I am 27 years old I have a degree in Broadcast Journalism  ( although a majority of my collage was spent in the theater.) I have two jobs one in a retail chain store and the other as a substitute teacher.  My hobbies are rather insane, besides knitting I enjoy making costumes, watching films editing  video, and spending far too much time on the Internet.   I grew up as an only child with my mom, although I do have a half-brother and half-sister who are both much older then me and a younger step-brother. I still live with my parents while I look for a job in my field. I am owned by two cats and a bird.

As for my favorite things 
Color; Purple.  I also love cool tones blues, greens, brown, black, and even some red, yellow and orange have never been favorites.

Flavors:  Chocolate for sure, tea, hmm it's easier I think to say what I don't like Licorice and fake cinnamon (like red hots, real cinnamon I love!)  coconut...

Scents: I love the smells of Fall, woodsmoke, baking, the smell of stew ... well all smells of cooking and baking really)  When I buy candles I tend to get scents like  fresh linen and  apple, or gardenia . I don't like overly perfume scents though.

My Favorite time of Year is the fall, i love the leaves and crispness of the air, I like going up to the mountains to get fresh apples and veg from the farms. and I love Halloween, It's my favorite holiday. The candy the costumes the atmosphere. mmm makes me wish it where her right now!

 Fiber: hmm I don't know I'm only really  starting to get to know fibers,  I really like wool, its so warm. I've tied Alpaca and Lama  both of which I also like. I've loved everything from knitpicks that I've bought The only thing I really don't want more of is synthetic I have way too much of it!

As for Patterns and designers I don't have a favorite at all   Although I will say right now I'd be more in the mood for quick projects ( hats, cowls, etc.) then  long one, since I've got a few long projects already started.

Probably the best way to find out about me is through my live journal  which has my more day to day life on it, I do keep some posts friends only though so you won't be able to see everything.  I may try and find one of those getting to know you  list of questions it's easier to answer direct questions sometimes then to  anticipate what your questions might be :)


Then, find the following people among the wizarding families. (Each person can only be listed once.)
  1. Someone with the same craft as you (either those listed above or another one).misslucy wizard incognito hat
  2. Someone who was born in the same month as you. Knyquol April
  3. Someone from a different country.Selana
  4. A new HSKS Family member. ynkchck2
  5. Someone who has been in 3 or more HSKS swaps.CelticMommy,
  6. Someone who has a bigger stash than you! (And if your stash is the biggest, proudly say so! Mutz
  7. Someone who both knits and crochets.Ronni-licious
  8. Someone who has the same favorite color as you.loverofallemo Purple
  9. Someone who has the same favorite season/holiday as you. bartlebean Fall
  10. Someone who has the same favorite fiber as you. Girlywithatwist (knitpicks

3 comments:

Clara Clovenhoof said...

I get so happy everytime I visit your blog. I get to listen to Water. I love it so very much! I good memories.

Ashley said...

You know I've always wondered if anyone listens to the music I've got on here. :)

Clara Clovenhoof said...

Oh I definitely do. :) I get to sing in french, listen to music from the Labryinth, FFVII: AC oh how I <3 the music.