Thursday, November 12, 2009

Oooo more updating

Hey guys!

This has been a pretty nice week for me, lots of time out in the fresh air just tossing the ol' Quaffle around. I'm working hard at my Spoilee's hand knits, I have a feeling judging by people's reactions to the ________ I may be making more in the future. My Step Father was kind enough to try on one of the items to see it would likely fit Eugene. It fit him well  so I think I'm in the clear!. I will have to use this yarn again, it knits up so well! I'm still looking around for fun things to throw in the package along with the hand knits and yarn for his project

Speaking of yarn I scored big time at a little junk shop today, hidden under ugly fun fur I found 3 skeins of Angora all from the same dye lot for $4.99. it's pretty light brown color. My mother has already decided that it should be used to make her a Christmas present.:) I've never knit with Angora before but it feels lovely.  I probably shouldn't have spent the money but I couldn't just leave it.... :)

In other good news I reached my fund raising goal for The ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) Walk . My friend Mel  was diagnosed with ALS a little over two years ago. It has been a tough fight, but she has fought with a kind of courage and humor that you don't see every day. There is not a lot that can be done for ALS right now, so in order to help find a cure for others who have this disease, and to give back to the GA Association that has helped Mel and her family during this time. I'm asking if you could support me, and in turn the ALS Association by donating to this great cause. It doesn't have to be a lot of money. Any amount will help. I greatly appreciate what you can do. I've been torn about mentioning it on this blog because in some ways it didn't feel right to ask for donations from my fellow swap buddies but on the other hand it can't do much harm just mentioning it this once. Click this to go to my donation page.

The walk is this Saturday and I'll be wearing my Phantom of the Opera costume during the walk which goes though Downtown Atlanta. Last year, as you can see on the donation page, I wore my Hogwarts robes.

No comments: