Saturday, July 18, 2009

Posting in the wee hours

It's 1:30am here and I have two Cats telling me it's past my bedtime (mostly because they want to go to sleep too.) But As I've told them I have to type something up for camp! I wish i had pictures of myself from the Movie premire to show you y'all but I never did point my camera at myself. I loved the movie and thought it one of the best adaptions as far as from book to screen. I'm so glad Yates will be at the helm for the last two films as well, he has a proper feel of the Harry Potter world, his films are the ones i want to watch when I'm in the mood for Harry Potter.

Other things that are going on in my life: I passed my certification test to become a parapro. (teacher's aide) Now I just need to apply for jobs! I'm quite proud I must admit, to think that of all my friends I could be the first to have a proper job right after Uni. Many of my friends graduated much faster then I did and I've always felt a bit of an idot because I took longer (although if i'm honest my degree was harder then many of theirs). Still As a treat I allowed myself to by a few DVD's that I'd been wanting. I just watched one tonight :)

In my spare time I've been writting a short fanfic, or at least it started short it's now over 15 chapters long! It's making me want to do more creative writting with my own characters and not someone elses. I'll be sad when this story is finished.

Also in my spare time I've been working on a costume for Dragon Con, which is a convention held in Atlanta every labor day weekend. I love making costumes!For me costuming is about getting to be my favorite characters, it's like getting to play them on stage. I've been The Phantom of the Opera, Mr. Misto. from cats, Chauvillin (Scarlet Pimpernel), Snape, Sarah Jane Smith (Doctor Who) Frdod (LOTR) the list goes on. This year I'm doing another one from Doctor who a character called Sharaz Jek. I'm making the entire costumne from scratch so I've been working on a musslin version of the costume and making the mask. I'm looking forward to wearing it and showing it off in the parade. (yes I know I'm a geek but I love it) .

Um I guess that's it, I really shouldn't do these things so late at night, I'm sure I've spelled many things wrong and probly don't make much sence though most of the post but that's I'll edit it in the morning (or afternoon at this rate)

Night all!

No comments: