Friday, May 9, 2008

Ok just reposting what I just wrote in my LJ, some of the info may be redudent from yesterdays post here because I haven't ever just posted the same same things to both sites but the short of it is New Project!

Ok I'm just taking a small moment to do a yarn Squee!

I've gotten sick of the Rose gloves, they've got mistakes in them I'll need to rip out a good portion (my mother says I'm a bit picky but if we don't have standeres then what's left?) So the gloves are going to be on hold for awhile (long enough for me not to want to puncture my eyes with DPN's.)

So I've started This: http://www.knitty.com/issuespring05/PATTbranchingout.html

My first Lace project. IT IS SO COOL! I feel smart, I feel like Knitter and just a knitter. I'm using this yarn
http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?LGC=grace&SPP=999
in a color called lavender. I've had it in the stash forever and when I saw that it was the right type and weight for this pattern I had to make it.

After a few miss steps and a very handy life line I've completed the first pattern repeat and, i have to say it again, It is SO COOL!

Sorry , but the cats were not excited enough when i showed them so You all have to pick up the slack by hearing me talk about it :)

I'll post some bad web cam pictures soon!

No comments: