Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Next Please

Happiness! I'm now on Ravelry as SeverusSnape. It is like the mecca of knitting! So many patterns! Although I feel like a knitter and not Knitter there but I shall aim to become better a be one of the really cool people and less muggle.

For my birthday I went and bought myself yarn as a present: Two balls of Lion brand Wool ease Worsted weight in 139 dark rose heather which will be used to make The Rose Doomsday Gloves from Doctor Who. Pattern Here. And Two balls of Patons Decor First Spring Varg for purposes not yet decided on, mostly I just loved the color way. I've cast on for the Rose gloves a few times but I seem to have a mental block with them as I keep making mistakes early on. the thing is though Is I've made one of the gloves before in a different yarn (caron simply soft) and while the color was perfect the yarn drove me nuts with all it's splitting. (that and I didn't do the thumb gusset very well) But I will get through them I am determined that I make these gloves!
Oh also for my birthday I bought myself dpn's sizes 6, 7, and 8 yay!

No comments: